Monday, January 19, 2009

everybody LOVES cookies

i'm a bit of a rare bird, a + t readers. i like to keep my water filter on the window sill because i'm convinced that the sunshine, and moonlight do just as much to purify my water as the actual filter. i like to lecture my friends on the importance of NOT refrigerating tomatoes, EVER. even if it makes the boyfriend + i argue. i know what a good tomato is supposed to taste like, and refrigerating it does not work. i also like to have a cookie if i'm watching my weight. well, this happens for a number of reasons. as soon as u make your mind up 2 deny yourself something, you find that u crave that single thing. for me, that's sweets. typically, i dont even want them, but once i start gearing up for something that requires me to slim down, i find myself wanting 2 suddenly bake a batch of brownies.

blessings 2 my friend 4 introducing me 2 cookie party. it's this lovely bakery + party experience in hanover new jersey with some of THE most delicious cookies i've ever tasted. the basics of each cookie are simple, good creamy butter, light sugar and just the right amount of flour to bind them to make each cookie light, toothsome and delicate. i was gifted a box of different kinds, to make a decadent holiday breakfast of this morning with my darling, relaxing over cups of tea.


the site has all sorts of cookie descriptions, but since the very first taste, i had my favorite. the s-cookie is like no other. it's immensely buttery, without being greasy, sweet without being cloying and crumbly without falling apart in your lap. it is, quite possibly the very best cookie i've ever had. second in line is the chocolate dipped s-cookie, drizzled with milk chocolate. the delicious lemon italian knot seems to be laced with something sophisticated, like limoncello or meyer lemon and gives the illusion of having a well portioned, diet friendly bite of light, lemon cake, only without a shred of guilt. the cream cheese drop is delightful, with it's glaze giving off a touch of liquorice or anise + it has the same satisfying cake like texture of the lemon knot. we started our morning off with the delicious chocolate cookies and peanut butter balls, reminiscent of some elementary school treat. it made this lovely snowy day seem like childhood all over again.

1 comment:

mate-tamtam said...

COOOKIEEEE !!!!

I am dying for some fattening american dough.

I am dying for you.